83. Sivalingam J, Kenanov D, Han H, Nirmal AJ, Ng WH, Lee SS, Masilamani J, Phan TT, Maurer-Stroh S, Kon OL. Multidimensional Genome-wide Analyses Show Accurate FVIII Integration by ZFN in Primary Human Cells. Molecular Therapy. 2016 Mar;24(3):607-19.
82. Ang LP, Jain P, Phan TT, Reza HM. Human Umbilical Cord Lining Cells as Novel Feeder Layer for Ex Vivo Cultivation of Limbal Epithelial Cells. Investigative Ophthalmology Vision Science. 2015 Jul;56(8):4697-704
81. Ong CT, Zhang Y, Lim R, Samsonraj R, Masilamani J, Phan TT, Ramakrishna S, Lim I, Kee I, Fahamy M, Templonuevo V, Lim CT, Phan TT. Preclinical Evaluation of Tegaderm™ Supported Nanofibrous Wound Matrix Dressing on Porcine Wound Healing Model. Advances in Wound Care (New Rochelle). 2015 Feb 1;4(2):110-118.
80. Lim IJ, Phan TT. Epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells from the umbilical cord lining membrane. Cell Transplant. 2014;23(4-5):497-503.
79. Sivalingam J, Phan TT, Kon OL. Intragenic integration in DLC1 sustains factor VIII expression in primary human cells without insertional oncogenicity. Gene Therapy. 2014 Apr;21(4):402-12.
78. Lim IJ, Phan TT. Epithelial and mesenchymal stem cells from the umbilical cord lining membrane. Cell Transplant. 2014;23(4-5):497-503.
77. Stubbendorff M, Deuse T, Hua X, Phan TT, Bieback K, Atkinson K, Eiermann TH, Velden J, Schröder C, Reichenspurner H, Robbins RC, Volk HD, Schrepfer S. Immunological properties of extraembryonic human mesenchymal stromal cells derived from gestational tissue. Stem Cells Dev. 2013 Oct 1;22(19):2619-29.
76. Martinez EC, Vu DT, Wang J, Lilyanna S, Ling LH, Gan SU, Tan AL, Phan TT, Lee CN, Kofidis T. Grafts enriched with subamnion-cord-lining mesenchymal stem cell angiogenic spheroids induce post-ischemic myocardial revascularization and preserve cardiac function in failing rat hearts. Stem Cells Dev. 2013 Dec 1;22(23):3087-99.
75. Shera Lilyanna,, Eliana C. Martinez, Thang D. Vu, Lieng H. Ling, Shu U. Gan, Ai Lin Tan, Thang T. Phan, Theo Kofidis. Cord lining-Mesenchymal Stem Cells Graft Supplemented with an Omental Flap Induces Myocardial Revascularization and Ameliorates Cardiac Dysfunction in a Rat Model of Chronic Ischemic Heart Failure. Tissue Engineering Part A 2013;19(11-12): 1303-1315
74. Zhou Y, Gan SU, Lin G, Lim YT, Masilamani J, Mustafa FB, Phua ML, Rivino L, Phan TT, Lee KO, Calne R, Macary PA. Characterization of Human Umbilical Cord Lining Derived Epithelial Cells and Transplantation Potential. Cell Transplantation 2011;20(11-12):1827-1841
73. Cheong HH, Masilamani J, Chan CY, Chan SY, Phan TT*. Metabolically Functional Hepatocyte-Like Cells from Human Umbilical Cord Lining Epithelial Cells. Assay in Drug Development Technology 2013;11(2):130-138
72. Kidwai FK, Liu H, Toh WS, Fu X, Jokhun DS, Movahednia MM, Li M, Zou Y, Squier CA, Phan TT, Cao T. Differentiation of Human Embryonic Stem Cells into Clinically Amenable Keratinocytes in an Autogenic Environment. Journal of Investigative Dermatology 2013;133(3): 618-628
71. Do DV, Ong CT, Khoo YT, Carbone A, Lim CP, Wang S, Mukhopadhyay A, Cao X, Cho DH, Wei XQ, Bellone G, Lim I, Phan TT*. Interleukin-18 system plays an important role in keloid pathogenesis via epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. British Journal of Dermatology 2012 Jun;166(6):1275-88
70. Ooi BN, Phan TT*. Insights gained from the reverse engineering of gene networks in keloid fibroblasts. Theory in Biological and Medical Model. 2011 May 2;8:13-20
69. Chua AW, Gan SU, Ting Y, Fu Z, Lim CK, Song C, Sabapathy K, Phan TT*. Keloid fibroblasts are more sensitive to Wnt3a treatment in terms of elevated cellular growth and fibronectin expression. Journal of Dermatological Science 2011 Dec;64(3):199-209
68. Chua AW, Ma D, Gan SU, Fu Z, Han HC, Song C, Sabapathy K, Phan TT. The role of R-spondin2 in keratinocyte proliferation and epidermal thickening in keloid scarring. Journal of Investigative Dermatolology 2011 Mar;131(3):644-54.
67. Reza HM, Ng BY, Phan TT, Tan DT, Beuerman RW, Ang LP. Characterization of a novel umbilical cord lining cell with CD227 positivity and unique pattern of P63 expression and function. Stem Cell Review and Report 2011 Sep;7(3):624-38.
66. Reza HM, Ng BY, Gimeno FL, Phan TT, Ang LP. Umbilical cord lining stem cells as a novel and promising source for ocular surface regeneration. Stem Cell Review and Report 2011 Nov;7(4):935-47.
65. Tobias Deuse, Mandy Stubbendorff, Karis Tang-Quan, Neil Phillips, Mark A. Kay, Thomas Eiermann, Phan TT, Hans Dieter Volk, Hermann Reichenspurner, Robert C. Robbins, Sonja Schrepfer. Immunogenicity and immunomodulatory properties of umbilical cord lining mesenchymal stem cells. Cell Transplantation 2011;20(5):655-667
64. Mukhopadhyay A, Chan SY, Do DV, Khoo A, Ong CT, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. The role of Stem Cell Factor/c-Kit in keloid pathogenesis. Can Gleevec do the job? British Journal of Dermatology 2011;164(2):372-386
63. Mukhopadhyay A, Chan SY, Khoo A, Ong CT, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. The role of HGF/c-Met system in keloid pathogenesis Journal of Trauma 2010;69(6):1457-1466
62. Cheong HH, Masilamani J, Chan SY, Phan TT*. Cord Lining Progenitor Cells: Potential in vitro Adipogenesis Model. International Journal of Obesity 2010;34(11):1625-1633
61. Toh P, Li J, Yip G, Lo SL, Guo CH, Phan TT, Bay BH. Modulation of metallothionein isoforms is associated with collagen deposition in proliferating keloid fibroblasts in vitro. Experimental Dermatology 2010;19(11):987-993
60. Ong CT, Khoo YT, Mukhopadhyay A, Masilamani J, Do DV, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. Comparative proteomic analysis between normal skin and keloid scar. British Journal of Dermatology 2010;162(6):1302-1315
59. Jaichandran S, Krishnam S, Ng WH, Lee SS, Phan TT*, Kon OL. Biosafety Assessment of Site-Directed Transgene Integration in Human Umbilical Cord-Lining Cells. Molecular Therapy 2010;18(7):1346-56
58. Kita K, Gauglitz GG, Phan TT, Herndon DN, Jeschke MG. Isolation and characterization of mesenchymal stem cells from the sub-amniotic human umbilical cord lining membrane. Stem Cells Development. 2010;19(4):463-8
57. Ooi B, Do DV, Khoo A, Ong CT, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. The role of novel growth factor HDGF in keloid pathogenesis. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine 2010 Jun;14(6A):1328-37
56. Mukhopadhyay A, Chan SY, Khoo A, Ong CT, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. Syndecans in keloid pathogenesis. The proteoglycans of difference. Journal of Trauma 2010;68(4): 999-1008
55. Zeugolis DI, P Pradeep-Paul, Yew ESY, Sheppard C, Phan TT, Raghunath M. An in situ and in vitro investigation for the transglutaminase potential in tissue engineering. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A 2010; 92(4): 1310-20.
54. Lim CP1, Phan TT, Lim IJ, Cao XM. Cytokine profiling and Stat3 phosphorylation in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions between keloid keratinocytes and fibroblasts. Journal of Investigative Dermatology 2009;129(4):851-861
53. Ruetze M, Gallinat S, Lim IJ, Chow E, Phan TT, Staeb F, Wenck H, Deppert W, Knott. Common features of umbilical cord epithelial cells and epidermal keratinocytes. Journal of Dermatological Science 2008;50:227-231
52. Chua A, Ma DR, Phan TT, Lee ST, Song C. Evaluation of epidermal stem cell culture on Tegaderm and fibrin glue Burns 2008;34(2):175-180
51. Vincent AS, Phan TT, Mukhopadhyay A, Foo LY, Tay KH, Wang ZJ, Lim HY, Halliwell B, Wong KP. Bioenergetics in human keloid fibroblasts: similarity to cancer cells? Journal of Investigative Dermatology 2008;128(3): 702-709
50. Xia W, Kong W, Phan TT, Lim IJ, Longaker MT, Yang GP. Increased CCN2 transcription in keloid fibroblasts requires cooperativity between AP-1 and Smad binding sites. Annals of Surgery 2007;246(5):886-89
49. Mukhopadhyay A, Khoo YT, Chan SY, Lim IJ, Aalami O, Phan TT. Specific Target of Sp1 Transcription Factor: A Novel Therapeutic Approach for Keloids. Experimental Dermatology 2007;16: 1023-1031
48. Chong EJ, Lim CT, Phan TT, Lim IJ, Zhang YZ, Bay BH, Ramakrisnan S. Nanofibrous scaffolds for tissue engineering, wound healing and dermal reconstitution. Acta Biomaterialia 2007;3(3):321-330
47. Ong CT, Khoo YT, Mukhopadhyay A, Do DV, Lim IJ, Aalami O, Phan TT*. mTOR as a potential therapeutic target for treatment of keloids and excessive scars. Experimental Dermatology 2007;16:394-404
46. Do DV, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. Roles of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in keloid scar pathogenesis and carcinogenesis. A review. Current Signal Transduction Therapy 2007;2(3):214-220 (invited review paper)
45. Mukhkopadhyay A, Khoo YT, Chan SY, Philips D, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. The role of activin system in keloid pathogenesis. American Journal of Physiology- Cell Physiology 2007;292(4):C1331-8
44. Ong CT, Khoo YT, Mukhkopadhyay A, Khoo YT, Do DV, Han HC, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. Epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in keloid pathogenesis modulate vascular endothelial growth factor expression and secretion. Journal of Pathology 2007;211(1):95-108
43. Heng BC, Phan TT, Liu H, Ouyang HW, Cao T. Combining and synergizing the therapeutic advantages of allogenic umbilical cord-derived stem cells and autologous bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. ASAIO Journal 2006;52(6):611-613
42. Xia W, Phan TT, Lim IJ, Longaker MT, Yang GP. Differential transcriptional responses of keloid and normal keratinocytes to serum stimulation. Journal of Surgical Research 2006;135(1):156-163
41. Khoo A, Ong CT, Mukhopadhyay A, Han HC, Do DV, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. Up-regulation of secretory Connective Tissue Growth Factor (CTGF) in keratinocyte-fibroblast coculture contributes to keloid pathogenesis. Journal of Cellular Physiology2006; 208(2):336-343
40. Lim CP, Phan TT, Lim IJ, Cao XM. Stat3 contributes to keloid pathogenesis and is a potential therapeutic target for keloid scar formation. Oncogene 2006; 25(39):5416-5425
39. Wang LS, Chow PY, Phan TT, Lim IJ, Yang YY. Fabrication and characterization of nano-structured and thermo-sensitive membranes for wound healing and cell grafting Advanced Functional Materials 2006;16:1171-1178
38. Lim D, Phan TT, Yip G, Bay BH. Upregulation of metallothionein isoforms in keloid keratinocytes. International Journal of Molecular Medicine 2006; 17(2):385-389
37. Wang, Z, Fong, KD, Phan, TT, Lim, IJ, Longaker, MT, and GP Yang. Increased transcriptional response to mechanical strain in keloids fibroblasts due to increased focal adhesion complex formation. Journal of Cellular Physiology2006; 206(2):510-507
36. Chong EJ, Lim CT, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. Application of biotechnology, nanotechnology and tissue engineering in cosmetic medicine. Kosmetische Medizin 2005;5+6: 212-216 (invited review paper)
35. Phan TT* , Lim IJ, Aalami O, Loget F, Mukhkopadhyay A, Tan EK, Khoo YT, Longaker MT. Smad3 plays an important role in keloid pathogenesis via epithelial-mesenchymal interactions. Journal of Pathology 2005;207(2):232-242
34. Mukhkopadhyay A, Tan EK, Khoo YT, Chan SY, Lim IJ, Phan TT*. Epithelial-mesenchymal interactions in keloids induce contraction of fibroblast-populated collagen lattices. British Journal of Dermatology 2005; 152: 639-645
33. Colwell AS, Phan TT, Kong W, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. Hypertrophic scar fibroblasts have increased CTGF expression after TGF-beta stimulation. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery2005; 116:1387-1390
32. Phan TT*, BH Bay, J Tan, ST Lee. Evaluation of cell culture on polyurethane-based membrane – Implication for tissue engineering of skin and other surface tissues. Cell and Tissue Banking 2005; 6: 91-97
31. Heng BC, Cao T, Liu H, Phan TT. Directing stem cells into the keratinocyte lineage in-vitro. Experimental Dermatology 2005; 14: 1-16
30. Ang LP, Tan DT, Cajucom-Uy H, Phan TT, Beuerman RW, Lavker RM. Reconstruction of the ocular surface by transplantation of a serum free cultivated conjunctival tissue equivalent. Annals Academy of Medicine Singapore. 2004; 33(5 Suppl):S55-6
29. Ang LPK, Tan DTH, Phan TT, Li J, Beuerman J, Lavker RM. The in-vitro and in-vivo proliferative capacity of serum-free cultivated human conjunctival epithelial cells. Current Eye Research 2004; 28 (5): 307-317
28. Xia W, Phan TT, Lim IJ, Longaker MT, Yang GP. Complex epithelial-mesenchymal interactions modulate transforming growth factor-beta expression in keloid-derived cells. Wound Repair & Regeneration 2004; 12: 546-556
27. Phan TT*, Lim IJ, Tan EK, Lee ST. Suppression of TGF-beta/smad signaling in keloid-derived fibroblasts by quercetin: Implication for treatment of excessive scars. Journal of Trauma 2004; 57: 1032-1037
26. Lim IJ, Phan TT, EK Tan, TTT Nguyen, E Tran, MT Longaker, C Song, ST Lee, and HT Huynh. Synchronous activation of ERK and PI-3K pathways is required for collagen and extracellular matrix production in keloids. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2003; 278: 40851-40858
(Lim IJ and Phan TT contribute equally)
25. S. Chaw, Y. Y. Yang, I. J. Lim and Phan TT. Water-soluble betamethasone-loaded poly(lactide-co-glycolide) hollow microparticles as a sustained release dosage form. Journal of Microencapslation 2003; 20: 349-359.
24. Yang G, Phan TT, Lim IJ, HP Lorenz, Longaker MT. From scarless fetal wounds to keloids: molecular studies in wound healing. Wound Repair & Regeneration 2003; 11: 411-418
23. J Allen, Phan TT, MA Hughes, GW Cherry, F Wojnarowska. The cellular origins of the linear IgA disease target antigens: an indirect immunofluorescence study using cultured human keratinocytes and fibroblasts. British Journal of Dermatology 2003; 148: 945-953
22. Phan TT*, ST Lee, SY Chan, H Huynh. Quercetin inhibits collagen and extracellular matrix production by keloid and hypertrophic scar-derived fibroblasts. Therapeutic implication for excessive scars. Journal of Dermatological Science 2003: 33: 192-194
21. Phan TT, I Lim, BH Bay, ST Lee, MT Longaker, H Huynh. The role of Insulin-like growth factors (IGFs) system of mitogens in the induction of fibroblast proliferation by keloid-derived keratinocytes in-vitro. American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology 2003; 284: C860-C869
20. Phan TT, P See, TNT Nguyen, ST Lee, SY Chan, H Huynh. Suppression of IGF-1 signaling pathway in keloid-derived fibroblasts by quercetin: Its therapeutic potential use in the treatment and/or prevention of keloids. British Journal of Dermatology 2003; 148(3): 544-552
19. Phan TT*, L Sun, BH Bay, ST Lee, SY Chan. Dietary compounds inhibit proliferation and contraction of keloid and hypertrophic scar-derived fibroblasts in-vitro: Therapeutic implication for excessive scarring. Journal of Trauma 2003; 54(4): 1212-1224
18. HL Khor, KW Ng, JT Schantz, Phan TT, TC Lim, SH Teoh, DW Hutmacher. Poly(_-caprolactone) films as a potential substrate for tissue engineering. Materials Science and Engineering 2002; 20 (1-2): 71-75
17. Lim IJ, Phan TT, H Huynh, BH Bay, W Tan, ST Lee, MT Longaker. Induction of keloid-like collagen secretory characteristics in normal fibroblasts cocultured with keloid-derived keratinocytes. American Journal of Physiology-Cell Physiology 2002; 283: C212-C222
(Lim IJ and Phan TT contribute equally)
16. Phan TT*, I Lim, H Huynh, BH Bay, ST Lee, MT Longaker. Differences in collagen production between normal and keloid-derived fibroblasts in serum media cocultured with keloid-derived keratinocytes. Journal of Dermatological Science 2002; 29(1): 26-34
15. Phan TT, P See, LZ Wang, R Grayer, ST Lee, SY Chan. Purification and identification of the anti-oxidant compounds of the extract from the leaves of Chromoleana odorata. Alternative Therapies 2001; 7(3): 519-522
14. P See, Phan TT*, ST Lee, C Song, KC Tan. Our clinical experience using cryopreserved cadaveric allograft for the management of severe burns. Cell and Tissue Banking 2001; 2(2): 113-117
13. Phan TT*, P See, LZ Wang, R Grayer, ST Lee, SY Chan. Phenolic compounds of Chromoleana odorata protect cultured skin cells from oxidative damage: A new potential agent for cutaneous wound healing? Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin 2001; 24(12): 1373-1379
12. KW Ng, JT Schantz, DW, Hutmacher, I Zein, TC Lim, HP Too, Phan TT, SH Teoh. The evaluation of ultra-thin poly(e-caprolactone) films for tissue engineered skin. Tissue Engineering 2001; 7 (4): 441-456.
11. Phan TT*, P See, ST Lee, SY Chan. Protective effect of curcumin on skin cells in vitro against oxidative damage: Its implication for wound healing. Journal of Trauma 2001;51: 927-931
10. Phan TT, MA Hughes, GW Cherry. Effects of an aqueous extract from the leaves of Chromoleana odorata (Eupolin) on human keratinocytes proliferation and migration in an in vitro model of wound re-epithelialization. Wound Repair and Regeneration 2001; 9:305-313.
9. I Lim, Phan TT, C Song, W Tan, MT Longaker. Investigation of influence of keloid-derived keratinocytes on fibroblast growth and proliferation. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 2001; 107(3): 797-808.
8. Phan TT*, P See, ST Lee, Chan SY. Antioxidant effects of the extracts from the leaves of Chromolaena odorata on human dermal fibroblasts and epidermal keratinocytes against hydrogen peroxide and hypoxanthine-xanthine oxidase induced damage. Burns 2001; 27(4): 319-327.
7. A Tay, Phan TT, P See, C Song, ST Lee. Cultured sub-confluent keratinocytes on wound dressing polymers for the treatment of burns and wounds. Wounds: A Compendium of Clinical Research and Practice 2000; 12 (5): 127-133.
6. Phan TT, J Allen, MA Hughes, GW Cherry, F Wojnarowska. Upregulation of the epidermal, basement membrane and extracellular matrix proteins by human keratinocytes treated with an aqueous extract from the leaves of Chromolaena odorata (Eupolin). European Journal of Dermatology 2000; 10(7): 522-527.
5. Phan TT*, ST Lee, Chan SY, Hughes MA, Cherry G. Investigating plant-based medicine for wound healing with the use of cell culture technology and in vitro models: A review. Annals of Academy of Medicine, Singapore 2000; 29:27-36.
4. YJ Su, B Chen, Phan TT, MA Hughes, GW Cherry. Effect of Burn-Healing-Liquid on keratinocyte and fibroblast proliferation and collagen lattice contraction. The Chinese Medical Journal 1999; 112 (8): 720-724
3. D Hu, Phan TT, GW Cherry, TJ Ryan. Dermal edema assessed by high frequency ultrasound in venous leg ulcers. British Journal of Dermatology 1998; 138: 815-820.
2. Phan TT, MA Hughes, GW Cherry. Enhanced proliferation of fibroblasts and endothelial cells treated with an aqueous extract from the leaves of Chromoleana odorata (Eupolin), a herbal remedy for treating wounds. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 1998; 101: 756-765.
1. Phan TT, MA Hughes, GW Cherry, TT Le, HM Pham. An aqueous extract from the leaves of Chromolaena odorata (Formerly Eupatorium odoratum) (Eupolin) inhibits collagen lattice contraction by human dermal fibroblasts. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine 1996; 2: 335–343.